Dialogue 1
英语情景对话1
A: Would you please weigh this letter to see what the postage is?
甲:请帮我称一下这封信,看需要多少邮资。
B: Do you want to send it by ordinary or registered mail?
乙:您想平寄,还是挂号邮寄?
B: By ordinary air mail, please.
甲:普通航空邮寄。
B: Anything of value in it?
乙:信里有什么贵重物品吗?
A: A postal order far $500.
甲:有一张500美元的邮政汇款单。
B: In that case, you'd better have it registered.
乙:那样的话,你最好挂号邮寄。
A: Will I be informed when my son gets the letter?
甲:我儿子收到信后我能知道吗?
B: Yes. When he gets it, he'll sign a receipt, which will be sent to you by mail. Then you can be sure it's done.
乙:可以。他接到信后要在回执上签字,回执将给你寄回。你收到后就可放心,知道信件已经收到。
A: All right, I'll have it registered,then.
甲:好吧,那我就挂号邮寄。
Dialogue 2
英语情景对话2
A: Would you tell me how I should send this parcel to Shanghai, China?
甲:请间,我想把这个包裹寄到中国上海,该怎么个寄法?
B: What's in it, please?
乙:包裹里有什么呢?
A: It contains books only.
甲:里面全是书。
B: Well, you might send it as "Printed Matter".
乙:你可以把它们作为“印刷品”邮寄。
A: I wonder if I could have it insured here?
甲:我可以在这里进行保险邮寄吗?
B: Sure. How much would you want to insure them for?
乙:当然。这些书你想保多少钱?
Hints 语言提示
l.hostage n. 邮资—What' s the postage for a letter to Boston? —Well, it all depends.—请问向波士顿寄一封信邮资是多少?—那得视具体情况而定。
2.Do you want to send it by ordinary or registered mail? ordinary (air) mail(航空)平邮; registered (air) mail (航空)挂号邮寄。
3.postal a. 邮政的,邮局的
4.inform v. 通知,获悉,常可构成词组 inform of/about
5.parcel n. 包裹
6.contain v. 包含,容纳
7.Printed Matter 印刷品 |