Ralph: What's that?
拉尔夫: 那是什么?
Nicky: It's a bigger and better tomato. It's been genetically modified.
尼基: 那是个西红柿,比普通的更大更好。它是转基因作物。
Ralph: You're not going to eat that, are you?
拉尔夫: 你不至于吃这种东西,是吧?
Nicky: Of course I am. I'm making a salad. Want one?
尼基: 当然要吃。我要把它做成沙拉。想来一个吗?
Ralph: No way. I don't want to eat something that's been genetically engineered in a laboratory. Who knows what kind of strange DNA it has.
拉尔夫: 坚决不吃。我不想吃那些在实验室经过基因改造的食物。谁知道它含有什么奇怪的基因。
Nicky: It's perfectly safe. It's been modified to grow faster, have more nutrients, and be resistant to disease and pests.
尼基: 它绝对安全。经过基因改造它能生长得更快,富含更多的营养物质,且具有抗病性和抗虫性。
Ralph: And it may contain strange mutations as part of its genetic makeup that they didn't tell you about. I really wouldn't eat that if I were you.
拉尔夫: 也许基因重组后部分基因会发生奇怪的突变,没有人会告诉你这些。如果我是你,我绝对不会吃。
Nicky: Where did you get this aversion to genetically modified foods? Scientists and farmers have always used selective breeding with animals and crops to bring you bigger and better food. This is nothing different.
尼基: 你为什么对转基因食物如此反感呢?科学家以及农民们总是选择性培育牲畜和作物品种,给人们带来更大更好的食物。这没有什么区别。
Ralph: Of course it is. And just because it's bigger, doesn't mean it's better. I'll eat food that's been modified by the only person I trust.
拉尔夫: 当然有区别。因为个头大并不意味着品质更好。我只吃我唯一信任的人改造的食物。
Nicky: Who's that?
尼基: 那是谁?
Ralph: Mother Nature!
拉尔夫: 大自然母亲! |