A:Ah! It hurts. Don't touch it.啊!好痛,别碰我。。
B:What part hurts?哪里痛?。
A:The shoulder.肩膀。。
B:Well, maybe you broke it. But what I'm worried about is this cut.你可能骨折了,不过我担心的是你刮伤了。。
A:It's not a cut. It's a gash! It's bigger than a cut! Ah! I need a doctor.这不是刮伤,是割伤,比刮伤还深。啊!我要看医生。。
B:Come on. Just don't move.拜托,别动。。
A:I'm bleeding too much.我正在大量流血。。
B:We don't have a decent First Aid Kit, do we?我们有象样的急救箱吗?。
A:Yes. My bike has one under the seat. Get it, quick!有,我车子的坐垫下有一个,快去拿!。
B:There's some tape, iodine, and cloth bandages. I don't think the cloth bandages can stop the bleeding. What we need is a tourniquet.有胶带、碘酒和布绷带. 我不认为布绷带可以止血,我们需要止血带。。
A:Wrap a few loops of the bandages around my upper arm, then twist. That will work as a tourniquet. After that, you can cut more of the bandages to cover the wound.用绷带在我手臂上绕几圈,然后绷紧。就和止血带的功用一样了。之后,再剪几块绷带覆盖在伤口上。。
B:Good plan. Let me put some iodine on the cut.好主意。让我在伤口上涂些碘酒。。
A:No, forget that! Do the tourniquet first. I'm losing too much blood.算了!先止血,我流太多血了。。
B:Alright, alright. How did you cut this so bad?好吧,好吧。你怎么会割这么深?。
A:I ran it against that fence pole as I crashed. What do you think?Damn, it hurts!我骑车撞到栏杆,你说呢?该死,好痛!。
B:We'll have to get you to a hospital. I can ride you on the back of my bike.要送你去医院才行,我可以骑车载你去。。
A:I'm lucky I wasn't killed. I must have been going around forty-five miles an hour. There was too much gravel on that corner. I slid out.很幸运我没死。我一定是骑到时速 45 哩。转角有太多碎石,我就滑倒了。。
B:Yes, I almost slid too.Alright. This tourniquet is tight. How does it feel?我也几乎滑倒。好了,止血带紧了,觉得怎样?。
A:Make it tighter. I want the blood stopped. Then wrap some bandages around the cut. Then we can go. Ouch! I hope I can walk.再紧一点,我要把血止住。用绷带在伤口附近多绕几圈,然后就可以走了。唉呦,希望我走得动。。
B:Alright, I'm twisting it around. You tell me when to stop.好的,我在绷紧了。你跟我说什么时候停。。
A:There. Stop!好了,停。。 |